Women+ in Concentrated Solar, with the valuable support and organization by ATA Insights, is happy to announce their first webinar on “How thermal energy storage makes variable renewables dispatchable”, which will be held online on May 25, 2023 @ 1 pm CEST.
Energy storage is the key to secure resilience, reliability and dispatchability in the grid even when the energy mix is based on variable renewables. However, while there is a lot of awareness about batteries, thermal storage is still a largely unknown treasure to be distpachable – coming at third or less of the cost. In this webinar 5 thermal energy storage talk about the experience with thermal storage in Spain, China and Morocco and the new R&D technology that will revolutionize storing energy with longer durations, better round trip efficiencies and more competitive costs.
Join this webinar and…
- Hear about state-of-the-art of thermal energy storage developments in China, Spain and Morocco and understand the impact it has in renewable energy industry growth
- Analyze the main promising innovation efforts under development worldwide and when they will be deployed in commercial projects
- Study thermal storage technology close up to understand how large commercial capacity systems figures
- Esther Rojas: Senior Scientist from Plataforma Solar de Almería (PSA) in CIEMAT
- Mª Del Rocío Bayon: Researcher and Coordinator of the Thermal Storage Unit from Plataforma Solar de Almería (PSA) in CIEMAT
- Teresa Gong: Deputy Director of Global Business Development of Cosin Solar
- Yan Wang: associate professor of Institute of Electrical Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Khadija Elalami: postdoc at Green Energy Park
- Cristina Galán: Content & Event Manager at ATA Insights [Moderator]